Self-publishing through sites like Kickstarter and IndieGoGo have become increasingly popular over the years. Gone are the days where you absolutely need a publisher to put together your book because now with the help of the community, you can get your book out there on your own. It’s a lot of work but it’s made possible through crowdfunding and such.
Here are some links on crowdfunding your projects and self-publishing from creators who have made a name for themselves in that area.
- Let’s Kickstart a Comic (And Not Screw it Up) by Iron Spike
- Greg Pak’s Kickstarter Primer
- Getting your self-published book into stores and libraries by Alex Palmer
- Building your Own Indie Distro by Iron Spike
- The Poor Man’s Guide to Self-Publishing by Val Staples
Links were curated and compiled by JD Boucher. If there are any links that you think should be added, email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know!