Over the years comic book conventions have grown in popularity and many cities around the world now play host to their own comic cons. If you’re a creator, attending conventions can be vital in a number of ways. You can simple go for fun and to experience the show itself, immersing yourself in fandom. You can also go as a creator and table as a guest or in Artist Alley or even speak on panels. If you’re not quite there yet with your craft, it’s a great place to network and speak to other comic pros about their experiences.
Below are some links to assist you with prepping for a convention or attending a convention as a creator:
- Planning Convention Trips by Steve Lieber
- Artist Alley Promotion by Rowan Rowden
- 25 Reasons You Aren’t Making Money at Conventions by The Blerd Gurl
This list was helpfully curated by JD Boucher. If you see any links missing from this list that you think should be added, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Running an Online Store: A Panel Discussion - April 14, 2021
- An Intro to Financing and Budgeting for Freelancers - March 9, 2021
- The Future of Comic Book Editing: An Assistant Editor’s Panel - December 23, 2020