As an artist, there are plenty of tutorials and guides out there that will help you hone your craft. Being an artist means a lifetime of learning and growing, playing around with different styles, and adapting to the world around you. With comics, you can do illustrations for covers or you can be an interior artist (and there are tons of other variations as well).
Compiled below (by JD Boucher) are some helpful references and links for creators who’d like to learn more about storyboarding and such. Check them out:
- Drawing Feet
- Variety of Olympian Bodytypes
- Fashion Cuts and Trends
- Background Tips
- The Art of Storyboarding
- Types of Shots and What They Say
- 2000 AD Ten Artist Commandments
FREE REFERENCE PHOTOS
These links were compiled by user The Colourist over on our Creator Resource forums:
If there are any links that you think should be added, please email them to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Pitching Your Comic Book: Pitch Outline Template (UPDATED) - January 17, 2023
- Networking and Building Genuine Connections - March 21, 2022
- Creator 2 Creator: An Interview with Lilah Sturges - June 29, 2021