A colourist can make or break how a comic looks in its final form. To help aspiring colourists and even veteran colourists, we’ve compiled a list of resources to help you hone your craft:
- Paletton – According to their web site, “Paletton’s Colorpedia is the encylopedia of colors. It’s a constantly growing source of information about color theory, color perception and color psychology, color vision and color blindness and many more information related to colors, including color combinations, color schemes and overal color usage.”
- Coloring Tips by Amy Reeder
- Making of Amulet – Flatting by Kazu Kibuishi
- Color Meaning, Symbolism, And Psychology: What Do Different Colors Mean by Jen Miller
- Isola: The Making Of + Colouring by MSASSYK
Special thanks to JD Boucher who helped curate many of the links above.
If there are any links that you’ve used that are missing, please feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know.
- Creator 2 Creator: An Interview with Lilah Sturges - June 29, 2021
- Timeline Template for Artists in Comics – UPDATED! - June 7, 2021
- Writing for Comics: Practicing with Short Stories - May 4, 2021