From Mark Sweeney comes a cold soup recipe for Tomato Vichyssoice.
Prep Time: 25 min Cook Time: 20 min Total Time: 30 min
A cold tomato perfect for those hot summer days
- 2.75 oz / 77 g Package Knorr Cream of Leek soup
- 28 oz / 796 ml can whole tomatoes
- 2 cups / 570 ml buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped dill or 1/2 tablespoon dried dill
Strain liquid from canned tomatoes into a large measuring cup. Top up measuring cup to with water to so you have 2 cups of liquid.
Add to pot with cream of leek soup package and bring to a boil over medium-high heat until thickened. Stir constantly or it will burn on the bottom of the pot.
Once it thickens, add tomatoes from can, turn heat down let simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. When done, remove from heat.
Let cool to room temperature. Pour into a blender along with buttermilk and dill. Pulse until tomatoes are blended, but not pureed. Salt to taste
Chill in fridge. Serve cold, and top with croutons.
Makes 4-6 servings, keeps for several days.
- ECCC Online: A Guide to the Unofficial Back-up Con - March 6, 2020
- How to Prevent Con Crud at Conventions - March 2, 2020
- The Freelancer’s Cookbook: Anoosha Syed’s Butter Chicken Recipe - February 26, 2020