From Drew Dillon comes a recipe that is easy to make in a slow cooker!
Deadlines can be terrific for productivity and inspiration, but they’re less great for healthy and tasty eating habits. However, crunch time doesn’t have to overshadow munch time! With only a few minutes of active prep time, this all-day slow-cooker recipe means food is ready when you need it, providing both protein and nourishing savory flavor in a double-barrel explosion of pure brain fuel.
Thai Basil Chicken (adapted from Paleo Slow Cooker)
Serves four, if you’re feeling generous
- 2-3 lbs chicken thighs or drumsticks
- 3-5 dashes of your favorite hot sauce (I like Tapatio)
- 2 Tbsp fish sauce
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
- ¼ C soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp white vinegar
- 1 Tbsp grated ginger
- ½ C basil, chopped
1. Add all the ingredients except the basil to the slow cooker and cook on low for 5 ½ hours
2. Add the basil and cook another 30 minutes.
3. Serve with rice and/or your favorite vegetable, or just dig into the chicken like it owes you a page rate.
5. OMGoodness, GET BACK TO WORK!
- How to Outline a Story - May 27, 2020
- Important Questions to Ask an Editor Pre-Contract Signing - April 23, 2020
- ECCC Online: A Guide to the Unofficial Back-up Con - March 6, 2020