From Kelly Sue DeConnick (Captain Marvel, Bitch Planet) comes her grandma’s recipe for “Bread Salad”.
- 1 large loaf ciabatta bread, cut into 2-inch cubes
- 1 pint mozzarella pearls
- 2 cups kalamata olives, pitted
- 3-4 cups grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 generous bunch fresh basil, cut in ribbons
- 1 3# chicken, roasted, meat torn from the bone (you can save time by buying a rotisserie chicken)
- Avocado oil
- Balsamic vinegar
- Kosher salt
Layer the first six ingredients in a large bowl. Top generously with oil and vinegar. Toss, salt to taste and serve.
Serves 6 or 8 as a main course. 10-12 as a side.
- ECCC Online: A Guide to the Unofficial Back-up Con - March 6, 2020
- How to Prevent Con Crud at Conventions - March 2, 2020
- The Freelancer’s Cookbook: Anoosha Syed’s Butter Chicken Recipe - February 26, 2020