We’ve written about getting press for your comic book and Kickstarter project before, but in addition to the tips found in that post, we wanted to share some links from other creators and comic book pros.
The links below help outline more information to help you with marketing your comic book and talk about other really important aspects that will help your project succeed. Check them out:
- This is Not How You Market Your Graphic Novel on Twitter by Emily King
- The Press Is Your Friend by Allison Baker
- First Steps for Promoting Your Work by Faith Erin Hicks
- Let’s Print a Comic (& not screw it up) by Rhiannon Rasmussen-Silverstein and David McGuire
- Comic Book Pre-Press by Jamie McKelvie
- Bleeds and Clearance by Rich of ComicPrintingUK
These links were graciously compiled by JD Boucher. If there are any resources that you think should be added, please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Running an Online Store: A Panel Discussion - April 14, 2021
- An Intro to Financing and Budgeting for Freelancers - March 9, 2021
- The Future of Comic Book Editing: An Assistant Editor’s Panel - December 23, 2020